Residential Electrical Outlet Installation Options
Residential electrical outlet installation from JMC Electric offers many options. As technology continues to advance, more parts of our homes are called upon to handle greater electrical loads. It is therefore important when replacing a residential electrical outlet to keep in mind not only what it needs to handle today, but what that outlet may need to be able to handle in the years to come.
Residential electrical outlet options to consider include:
- USB Outlets – There are several different kinds of USB-equipped outlets. Perhaps the best option are the ones that still come with two standard three-pronged outlets as well as two USB ports for charging your mobile devices. You can also get a residential electrical outlet that replaces both outlets with four USB ports.
- Smart Outlets – Imagine being anywhere in the world and being able to turn your outlet on and off with your smartphone. If you want to take things to a new level in your house, you can get smart outlets, which are outlets that can be controlled from your smartphone.
- GFCI Outlets – GFCI stands for ground fault circuit interrupter. GFCI outlets are a bit more expensive than regular outlets, but they’re required to be installed in locations like the kitchen and bathroom where water is nearby. This type of outlet is meant to quickly shut off power at that outlet when it detects a short circuit or a ground fault.
- Switched Outlets – Do you want to be able to control the power of an outlet and turn on and off whenever you want? Some houses already have light switches hooked up to some outlets, but if not, you can install a switched outlet, which includes one outlet and a switch that turns it on and off.
- AFCI Outlets – AFCI stands for arc fault circuit interrupter and it looks almost identical to a GFCI outlet. Arcs happen when electricity jumps from one wire to another, which can quickly cause a fire.
These are just a few of the residential electrical outlet types you may want to consider. The professionals at JMC Electric can help you choose just the right one to fit your needs today and into the future.
JMC electricians are licensed, bonded and insured, and we offer a manufacturer’s warranty on all parts that we supply. We also offer a 24-hour emergency service.